Deegan has practiced in workplace law, commercial litigation and dispute resolution for more than 20 years. Alongside Adrian Shanahan, Deegan leads Shanahan Tudhope’s Employment and Workplace Law Group.
Deegan specialises in all aspects of workplace law, industrial relations, discrimination and occupational health and safety. He has extensive experience in relation to:
- employment litigation of all types, from small cases to large multi-million dollar litigation;
- advising on all aspects of the workplace law, including the operation of awards and other industrial instruments, discrimination and occupational health and safety;
- drafting and reviewing employment contracts, workplace agreements, employment policies and procedures and employee incentive, bonus and commission schemes;
- restraints of trade and employee confidentiality obligations, ‘poaching’ of high level employees and issues arising from competitive behaviour by employees; and
- acting and advising in relation to the termination of employment, including the managed and orderly departure of senior executive employees.
Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Deegan has conducted litigation in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and New Zealand. He has extensive experience in commercial disputes of all kinds, including in relation to:
- commercial and contractual disputes;
- partnership and shareholder disputes;
- trade practices / consumer law issues;
- Corporations Act issues;
- insolvency; and
- investigations and actions by regulators, including the Australian Securities & Investments Commission and the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission.
Deegan is highly regarded for his pragmatic approach to the law, his attention to detail, broad knowledge and strategic understanding.
Contact Deegan Fitzharris